Hey all :)
Today I have some inspiration for that perspiration in the last set, circuit, or reps that you just cannot seem to get through…
You’re in charge of your Body. | BodyRock.tv
This came across my Facebook newsfeed today, posted by the geniuses Zuzana and Freddy of BodyRock.tv (check out their Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/BodyRock.Tv )
At first, the phrase didn’t hit me as hard. And then I started my work out for today…
The work out today was the routine from “Day 15” of Jillian Michael’s (awesome) book “Making The Cut”. I’ll post the routine after the jump— unfortunately I didn’t time myself so I don’t know how long it took me, (personal best fail… haha) so we can’t spur some friendly competition— but you are welcome to respond with your own times!
This workout, was totally deceiving and… BRUTAL. I barely was making it through the first round of the last circuit, and when it came time to brace myself for the final round, I just couldn’t say whether I really had it in me. I REALLY FELT SPENT.
AND THEN IT HIT ME.
I AM IN CHARGE OF MY BODY.
And I would order my body to complete 20 more bench dips with my feet on the body ball, 30 more scissors of bicycle crunches, 40 more plank twists, and 30 more seconds in boat pose.
AND I DID. AND MY BODY DID.
Without even a complaint.
Throughout the last circuit I kept repeating, I am in charge of my Body, and Body, you CAN DO THIS. YOU WILL.
And so will yours.
And now I present to you, Jillian Michaels’ MAKING THE CUT: Day 15
"Perform each circuit twice before moving on to the cardio. There is no rest in between sets within circuits. You get 30 seconds of rest only after a full rotation of each circuit.” Let me know your times!
- Body Ball Push-ups (10 reps)
- Push-ups (to muscle failure)
- Leg Extensions (10 each leg= 20 total)
- Step Plyos (one minute)
- Dumbbell Press on Body Ball (10 reps alternating arms = 5 each arm)
- Half-Crow Push-ups (5 each leg=10 total)
- Harpies (20 reps)
- Jump Squats (10 reps)
- Warrior Pose with Tricep Press (30 seconds each leg)
- Dips (to muscle failure)
- Hanging Abs (15 reps… ok I really felt like puking the first rotation… and then I ordered my body to get over the second time around, piece of cake ;p )
- Static Lunges with Lateral Shoulder Raise (10 reps each leg= 20 total)
- Side Step Plyos (1 minute)
- Pike Push-ups (10 reps)
- Squat and Military Shoulder Press (10 reps)
- Dropsies (8 reps each leg = 16 total)
- Jump rope for 1 minute
- Bench Dips with Feet on Body Ball (20 reps— first rotation I could only get through 10… second rotation I remembered I was in charge of my Body— 20 nooo problemmm ;p )
- Bicycle Crunches (30 scissors)
- Plank Twists (20 reps each side=40 total)
- Boat Pose (hold for 30 seconds)
(the awesome Zuzana)